Sunday, August 10, 2008

Skye's room










All right, my little girl seems to be growing up. She said that as much as she loved the fairy murals her father and I slaved over, she was out growing them. She asked me if I would consider painting over them. I let her know that Jax's room took precedents and if I had time, I would work on hers. Well I did. Here are the before pictures of her room. Please know that it REALLY HURT to paint over the murals. It was the best bird and turtle I have ever painted!

















Step 1: Paint over the murals with primer. (sob, sob)
Step 2: Tape and primer a stripe around the room and paint over primered murals.

Step 3: Paint stripe and add some girly touches:



































Step 4: Get a reaction




1 comment:

Judy Pancoast said...

HI...as a Mom of two now teenagers, I can relate to your pain in your little girl growing up. But at least you had the presence of mind to take those photos of your murals. Our Cheshire Cat and White Rabbit that were on our daughter's toddler room are forever lost to nothing but memory, and she doesn't remember them at all!
By the way, the new room looks beautiful!