Monday, July 20, 2009

I have to say, that for the most part, it was not a bad drive from Texas to Maryland. Did we have a few hiccups? Of course! Like the first day when Skye had a hot chocolate from Starbucks that didn't sit well. I think she finally lost it somewhere in Arkansas. That was something that enforced my belief that children don't appreciate their mothers! Skye was talking to one of the Grandparents about it and kept saying how awesome her dad was for pulling over the car in time. Of course I was the one standing next to her, wiping down her legs with baby wipes a making sure her hair was out of her face. (think splash back) No thanks for me though. (sigh)

Day two wasn't as exciting. I think the highlight was a gas station in Tennessee that had a plethora of bongs for sale. I do mean a plethora!

We arrived in Maryland on Friday and, after saying hello to Grammy and Grand pop, Josh and I left for the Urgent Care Clinic where I was diagonsed with a kidney infection. It was quite a bad one that lasted the entire visit. I missed the Oriels game and the trip to the Inner Harbor. I managed to get up for the kids to a u-pick and to change Skyes hair from pink to purple. The hard part was that Jason and Liz had brought the boys - Justice and Branson - up for a visit. I hated missing spending more time with them. Skye and Jax hadn't seen their cousins in 4 years but you couldn't tell it. They all get along really well.

Jason, Liz and the boys left on Tuesday and we wrapped up our visit on Friday. It was really hard for Grammy to say goodbye to us, but we know that there is a German visit in our future!

Enjoy the pics of our trip.

No comments: